Professional Resources and Referrals
The motto of the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology is “Show me the Science”. The International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology is a network of dental, medical and research professionals who seek to raise the standards of scientific biocompatibility in dental practices with information from the latest medical and dental research, as well as other related areas of scientific study. Since 1984, members of this group have examined, recorded, financed and encouraged independent research which supports treatment alternatives that can make dental practice more biologically acceptable. The IAOMT also has information on its website that is patient and consumer friendly, such as articles on safe removal of amalgam fillings, water fluoridation,biocompatible gum treatment, and root canals. On the home page there is search feature to find a holistic dentist or physician member. Dentists who are IAOMT members are encouraged to attain various levels of certification and accreditation. Dr. Gilbert joined as a charter member in 1985, achieved accreditation in 2006, and is still a member of the IAOMT. Since 1978, the Holistic Dental Association has been providing support and guidance to practitioners of holistic and alternative dentistry, as well as informing the public of the benefits of holistic dentistry for their health and well-being. The purpose of the HDA is to help in the continuing education of practitioners who have a desire to expand their knowledge and awareness of biocompatible dentistry, and to provide information and direction to those persons seeking to participate in their own health care. The Holistic Dental Association has a “Find a Holistic Dentist” search feature on the home page.
- International Academy of Biological Dentistry and Medicine (IABDM)
Started in 1985, the International Academy of Biological Dentistry and Medicine is committed to the education of holistic dentists, physicians and practitioners in the art and science of biological dentistry. The IABDM has a “Find a Practitioner” search link on the home page.
- Holistic Dental Institute (HDI) is a resource that educates its readers on dental care and dental procedures with a holistic and natural approach. The website offers natural alternatives to the more toxic dental procedures as well as how natural foods can be used to help keep your mouth clean and healthy. The website also offers unique tools to find dentists in your area. There is an easy to use "Find a Dentist"’ link on the top of the home page.
- Dental Amalgam Mercury Solutions (DAMS)
Dental Amalgam Mercury Syndrome is a non-profit, volunteer, patient supported organization which provides information to mercury toxic individuals who are seeking help for various illnesses which they suspect are caused by mercury toxicity. Often, traditional physicians have not been able to satisfactorily treat these patients. Because the members of DAMS, or someone in their family, recovered from serious health problems after having amalgam fillings replaced, they have decided to dedicate a portion of their time to assisting others who believe their dental filings have made them sick. DAMS offers a wealth of information on research, medical studies, testing, symptoms of mercury toxicity, safe amalgam removal, detoxification, choosing suitable replacement materials and holistic treatment options, as well as furnishing the names of specially trained dentists and doctors who can provide alternative treatment options. DAMS answers questions about toxic crowns, bridges, dentures and the risks of root canal treatment of teeth; it educates the public on jawbone disease or “cavitations” and on the toxic hazards of fluoride. DAMS has given information packets to many thousands of mercury poisoned people. Most of these people have seen their health improve significantly after reducing mercury exposure with proper dental and medical treatment. Thousands of such patients have been documented by DAMS. Please call 651-644-4572 and someone will help you with information and referrals.
- International Association of Mercury Free Dentists (IAMFD)
The International Association of Mercury Free Dentists is an organization dedicated to educating the public about the health hazards of amalgam fillings, chronic mercury poisoning, mercury detoxification and the relationship of oral to overall health. You can search for “Mercury Free, Mercury Safe, Holistic Dentists” on their website.
- Consumers for Dental Choice (CDC)
Consumers for Dental Choice was established in 1996 by consumer advocates, mercury poisoning victims, scientists and mercury- free dentists as a non profit organization. The mission of Consumers for Dental Choice is to protect the health of dental consumers and the environment by ultimately abolishing the use of mercury amalgam dental fillings. The purpose of the organization is to promote access to mercury-free dentistry and to encourage legislation that requires patients be given the opportunity to read a printed, scientifically based information fact sheet, so they can make a truly informed consent decision whether or not to accept mercury amalgam dental fillings.
- Clifford Materials Reactivity Testing (CMRT)
- International College of Integrative Medicine (ICIM) The International College of Integrative Medicine is a not-for-profit medical organization that seeks to teach the latest research in preventative, alternative, and innovative treatments, as well as a .community of dedicated physicians who advance innovative therapies in integrative medicine by conducting educational conferences, supporting research, and cooperating with other scientific organizations, while always promoting the highest standards of practice. Although the International College of Integrative Medicine is not a college of brick and mortar, it creates a space where physicians and other health care providers can learn about the latest scientific evidence for integrative medicine from around the world. ICIM’s passion is to empower doctors to give the most effective care for their patients. Its members are health professionals who are interested in utilizing more than just drugs or surgical procedures in the holistic care of their patients. The ICIM also provides its members with both an introduction and advanced training in heavy metal toxicology and chelation therapy.
- American College for Advancement in Medicine (ACAM)
- Fluoride Action Network (FAN)
Fluoride Action Network is an organization and international coalition seeking to broaden public awareness about the toxicity of fluoride compounds and the health impacts of current fluoride exposures. Along with providing comprehensive and up-to-date information on fluoride issues to concerned citizens, scientists, and policymakers alike, Fluoride Action Network remains vigilant in monitoring government agency actions that may impact the public's exposure to fluoride.
- Environmental Working Group (EWG)